MITIGATION AT POINT OF BOOKING
- We are currently only processing phone bookings and payments; or online bookings via our website booking system.
- Currently no ‘on the day walk-on’ bookings will be taken.
- When booking, you will agree to the Terms & Conditions and this COVID-19 Information, which will form part of an online disclaimer. This will be used in place of a paper copy, and the lead person booking the trip takes full responsibility for ensuring that all members of their party comply with the disclaimer before undertaking the trip on the day.
- By agreeing to this disclaimer, you are agreeing that all members of your party are fit and healthy and showing no signs of Covid-19 prior to riding with Bay Island Voyages.
- If any member of the party becomes unwell/shows signs of Covid-19 symptoms prior to the date of departure, do not leave home and contact Bay Island Voyages at the earliest opportunity.
- All bookings must be paid for in advance of the trip.
- No cash will be handled by Bay Island Voyages staff.
- All contact details will be stored on our secure online portal to enable the government Track and Trace scheme to work efficiently within the government guidelines. (GDPR Compliant)
PRIVATE CHARTER, SEPARATED GROUPS, INDIVIDUAL SEATS
In line with current social distancing we cannot run at full capacity (unless from the same household) and therefore can only accommodate a reduced number of passengers per boat for the foreseeable future.
Phase 1 – Separated Groups (2m) – For us to safely adhere to these physical distancing rules Bay Island Voyages are adopting a policy of a gap of 2m between groups. Therefore, we can take the following groups sizes:
- One whole household (up to 12, minimum of 6)
- Household of 4 (seats 8/10/11/12) + another household of 2 (seats 1/3) (6 people)
- Less than 6 passengers not viable
- We are currently unable to offer individual tickets for our trips, however you may purchase an extra ticket/s in order to secure the seat required. e.g seats sold in 2’s – purchase 2x tickets. For 3 people, please purchase the 4 x ticket option.
Phase 1 – Separated Groups (2m)
- There will be a skipper or crew member onboard at all times. All passengers on board will receive a full safety brief from crew member as per “Standard Operating Procedures”.
- There will be NO waterproofs provided – please bring your own.
- Your temperature may be checked remotely before boarding and you may be denied access if you exceed the government recommendation of 37.8c
- Our boats will be cleaned between each charter with disinfectant equipment.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided before boarding and after. Customers are required to use it.
- Bay Island Voyages skipper & crew members will be wear PPE (face coverings/gloves/glasses) where necessary.
- Customers are required to wear glasses and a face covering throughout the trip. You may provide your own, however a face covering will also be offered to you.
- Physical distancing will be maintained wherever possible.
- Bay Island Voyages have the right to refuse bookings if guidelines are being breached. Please follow our procedures & government rules. Safety of the customer & our staff is most important.
- Separated Groups will meet at designated departure point and time slot allocated by bookings – Groups must not arrive earlier than the allotted time or later. To mitigate risk from meeting other parties, please remain separate.
- Once checked in, groups will be asked to wait in the allocated location indicated by Bay Island Voyages staff.
- Assistance of fitting of life jackets will be kept to a minimum. How to fit a lifejacket will demonstrated by a member of staff with customers fitting their jackets step by step. A visual inspection by staff will be carried out and if necessary, any adjustments will be made wearing appropriate PPE.
- Bay Island Voyages Skipper will allocate seats for each group ensuring best practice for social distancing.
- Bay Island Voyages staff will ask that group members do not move from their allocated seat until the end of the trip.
- Bay Island Voyages Skipper will direct each person to disembark upon their seat number and will maintain a social distance unless assistance/emergency procedure is required.
POST TRIP PROCEDURES
Within 14 days of the undertaken trip, if any persons become unwell/shows signs of Covid-19 symptoms; they are required to inform Bay Island Voyages via telephone or email for Track and Trace purposes.
This statement aims to describe how Bay Island Voyages passengers will board and disembark our vessels, it does not contain any personal opinions as to our suitability for those with disabilities or mobility restrictions.
Our boats do not have easy disabled access. Passengers with limited mobility would normally be welcomed to view the boarding arrangements and discuss how things might work for them before booking, however due to social distancing we currently can’t offer this service. Please feel free to talk to our bookings team to discuss any queries at this stage.
Boarding our vessels requires passengers to step over a gap between the pontoon and the boat. The Skipper will demonstrate and explain safe boarding. Again, at this time we will be un-available to assist due to COVID regulations. Non slip areas along with hand holds are available.