***FACE COVERINGS ARE NO LONGER A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT***
MITIGATION AT POINT OF BOOKING
- We are currently processing phone bookings and payments; or online bookings via our website booking system.
- On the day walk-on bookings will be taken, however we cannot guarantee that space is available on a certain trip.
- When booking, you will agree to the Terms & Conditions and this COVID-19 Information, which will form part of an online disclaimer. This will be used in place of a paper copy, and the lead person booking the trip takes full responsibility for ensuring that all members of their party comply with the disclaimer before undertaking the trip on the day.
- By agreeing to this disclaimer, you are agreeing that all members of your party are fit and healthy and showing no signs of Covid-19 prior to riding with Bay Island Voyages.
- If any member of the party becomes unwell/shows signs of Covid-19 symptoms prior to the date of departure they are unable to ride with us. Please contact us as soon as possible and we will see if we an rearrange your trip. This cannot be guaranteed if under 48hrs notice of cancellation. You may be asked for proof of a PCR test.
- All bookings must be paid for in advance of the trip.
- No cash will be handled by Bay Island Voyages staff.
PRIVATE CHARTER, SEPARATED GROUPS, INDIVIDUAL SEATS
We are able to operate with a maximum number of 12 per boat, however we do understand that some people may wish not to ride alongside other members of the public. For this reason we offer two types of private charter hire: up to 8 persons / up to 12 persons (full boat) charter.
- There will be a Skipper and/or Crew member onboard at all times. All passengers on board will receive a full safety brief from crew member as per “Standard Operating Procedures”.
- Waterproofs are limited – please bring your own for Coastal trips.
- Our boats will be cleaned between each charter with disinfectant equipment.
- Hand sanitiser will be available.
- Bay Island Voyages Skipper & Crew members will be wear PPE where necessary.
- Face coverings are no longer a mandatory requirement on our trips. If you wish to wear one, we have face coverings available for purchase at our booking office.
- Physical distancing will be maintained wherever possible.
- Bay Island Voyages have the right to refuse bookings if guidelines are being breached. Please follow our procedures & government rules. Safety of the customer & our staff is most important.
- We ask that when meeting at designated departure point, you maintain a social distance.
- Once checked in, groups will be asked to wait in the allocated location indicated by Bay Island Voyages staff.
- Assistance of fitting of life jackets will be provided. How to fit a lifejacket will demonstrated by a member of staff with customers fitting their jackets step by step. A visual inspection by staff will be carried out and if necessary, any adjustments will be made.
- Bay Island Voyages Skipper will allocate seats for each group ensuring best practice for social distancing (if required).
- Bay Island Voyages staff will ask that you do not move from your seat until the end of the trip.
- Bay Island Voyages Skipper will direct each person to disembark upon their seat number.
This statement aims to describe how Bay Island Voyages passengers will board and disembark our vessels, it does not contain any personal opinions as to our suitability for those with disabilities or mobility restrictions.
Our boats do not have easy disabled access. Passengers with limited mobility would normally be welcomed to view the boarding arrangements and discuss how things might work for them before booking, however due to social distancing we currently can’t offer this service. Please feel free to talk to our bookings team to discuss any queries at this stage.
Boarding our vessels requires passengers to step over a gap between the pontoon and the boat. The Skipper will demonstrate and explain safe boarding. Non slip areas along with hand holds are available.