Celtic Ranger & Celtic Pioneer
We have 2 high speed RIBS (Rigid Inflatable Boat) – Celtic Ranger and Celtic Pioneer. Both of our RIBS are built by “Ribcraft”.
Ribcraft are based in their own purpose built factory in Yeovil Somerset. They are one of the few British manufacturers who have the capabilities to design and manufacture the complete boat ‘in house’ giving us total quality control throughout. Ribcraft place great emphasis on safety, durability and quality of construction, each new vessel undergoes a rigorous testing and commissioning schedule, making them the perfect choice for Bay Island Voyages.
Each vessel is equipped with twin Mercury outboards, not only ensuring that they are propelled along at high speed, but having two engines provides further redundancy against mechanical failure and ensuring passenger safety. The vessels are fully coded by the MCA and insured to carry passengers out to sea.
- Twin Mercury Seapro outboard engines 225hp 4.6ltr V8 each
- Coded to category 3
- Icom VHF/DSC radios
- Simrad chart plotter / sounder
- Electric bilge pumps
- Twin inboard fuel tanks allowing for a range of 60 nm at 35 kts
- Fusion stereo system with high power speakers
- Fully automatic 14 person liferafts
- Full complement of pyrotechnics
- Thermal protective aids
- First aid equipment
- Fire extinguishers
- 14 X individual jockey style seats (Ensuring maximum protection for whole body vibration)
- Area up forward for carrying cargo
Both vessels have just undergone major refits and new engines ensuring they are like new and ready to provide our passengers with the exciting trip they deserve.