Celtic Ranger & Celtic Pioneer
We have 2 RIBS (Rigid Inflatable Boat), of which both are built by “Ribcraft”.
Ribcraft are based in their own purpose built factory in Yeovil Somerset. They are one of the few British manufacturers who have the capabilities to design and manufacture the complete boat ‘in house’ giving us total quality control throughout. Ribcraft place great emphasis on safety, durability and quality of construction, each new vessel undergoes a rigorous testing and commissioning schedule, making them the perfect choice for Bay Island Voyages.
Each vessel is equipped with twin Mercury outboards. Having two engines provides further redundancy against mechanical failure and ensuring passenger safety. The vessels are fully coded by the MCA and insured to carry passengers out to sea.
- Twin Mercury Seapro outboard engines 225hp 4.6ltr V8 each
- Coded to category 3
- Icom VHF/DSC radios
- Simrad chart plotter / sounder
- Electric bilge pumps
- Twin inboard fuel tanks allowing for a range of 100 nm at cruising speed
- Public Announcement system
- Fully automatic 14 person liferafts
- Full complement of pyrotechnics
- Thermal protective aids
- First aid equipment
- Fire extinguishers
- 14 X individual jockey style seats (Ensuring maximum protection for whole body vibration)
- Area up forward for carrying cargo
Both vessels have undergone major refits and new engines ensuring they are like new and ready to provide our passengers with the best boating experience.